Friday, October 9, 2009

Tribute to the Original Wild Child

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST, DARLING MUMSIE-PIE!!!
  • My mum is amazing. Any of you that have met her will agree. Those of you who have not, you may agree too! :) A true original. Ain´t no-one like her in the world.
  • To the woman who spawned Wild Honey: I love you SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!
  • My mum is the voice that I often hear ringing in my ears, proclaiming loudly in her Russian-Israeli-Italian-SouthAfrican accent: "Screw dem all!!!" It is she who has taught me to be free, to be fearless, to revel in the world, to enjoy every moment, to dance and laugh and sing with all of my heart as much as I can, whenever I can.
  • My mom is the person who taught me to be kind to people, to always say something positive and make someone smile, to love with all of my heart, to believe in people.
  • My mom has not had an easy life. She has had to bear burdens that other people could never imagine. She has literally come back from the dead. She is a survivor, a fighter, an inspiration.
  • I hope that when I have children one day, I too will love them as she has loved my brother and I - unconditionally, always FULLY supportive, always encouraging us in every way, and bending over backwards to make sure we fulfill our dreams.
  • I just got to Ilha Grande this evening - the most gorgeous Brazilian island - and I went out right away and bought some delicious Argentinian wine, which everyone at the hostel is now drinking in your honour, mummy.
  • I love you very much, Mamulinka, and on this day of your birth, the 9th of October (every year! :) ), I dedicate my blog to wishing YOU - you glamorous, wonderful, warm, loving, strong and amazing woman - a FABULOUS year ahead!!!

MMMMMMMMMMWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I hope one day my kids will pay tribute to me like this - then I'll know I've been a great mum :-)
    Happy birthday to your amazing mom!

    (Michelle Lewsen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet message. If I was your mom reading this, I'd totally cry! I like all your nicknames for her, Mamulinka is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made me cry, child.
    I love you a lot, detochka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - just read - alebit a month later...still shed a tear!( or 2!)
    Nice one Honipie! xxx

    ReplyDelete