Thursday, October 8, 2009

What´s in a name...?

  • Some of you have commended my choice of name and web-address for this blog. As with most things in my life, they came to me on a whim, and seem to work perfectly.
  • "Wild Honey" - the blog title - is a shade of lipstick that was amongst the prizes that I once won in a beauty contest when I was about 12 years old (Yes, I did partake in such silly things once. I grew up in a small town. You find ways to entertain yourself.) Anyway, I loved the name, loved the spirit of what it evoked, and always thought it would come in handy for something one day. Et voila!
  • "Hurricane Honi" - the web address - is a name that I seem to have picked up along my travels. Go figure! Originally coined one drunken, debaucherous dinner-party night at the Bachelor Pad in London (my home away from home, where 3 of my favourite boys reside), I liked the ring it had to it. Shortly thereafter I met, and travelled with, a divine Japanese girl in Naples, and she started calling me Hurricane Honi out of the blue too! It appears to be a recurring theme. :)
  • Onto other things: the weather seems to be changing. So tomorrow we're moving to Ilha Grande, which is supposed to be gorgeous. I´m currently travelling with a wonderfully sweet and chilled young English couple, and an uber-cool Californian guy. We all met in a hostel in Sao Paulo, and have been hanging together in Paraty, and tomorrow we all taxi-bus-ferry together to the next place. FUN!!!
  • Finally, I`m obviously really new to this whole blogging thing. Any and all feedback will be HIGHLY appreciated. Let me know what you think, sign up, become a follower, give me some suggestions, sing my praises! ;-)
  • Parting thought: there are few things as amazing as moments of raw, pure, beautiful human connection. Last night, while sitting in a tiny beach-hut to get shelter from the rain, and listening to the waves break on the shore, over red wine and honest conversation, my new friend turned to me and said "You know why I like talking to you? Because you make me feel like I´m not alone in this world." Wow, right? I love this world.
  • And with that, I shall sign off.

As always, love and kisses to you all. x

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Hurricane Honi!
    Green with envy as the weather starts to take a turn for the winter here in Canadaland...
    Living vicariously through you now :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the names fun! As fr blogging tips.. instead of re writing, I assume you haven't been reading the blog in your travels it's hard to find time here the link to couple of posts I wrote on the subject :) (also kill the work verifier on the comments)

    http://magdalicious00.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/not-a-pro-blogger-yet/
    the link to the second 1/2 is in that one :D

    hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete